Qantas to offer in-flight iPads on Jetstar flights
MarketWatch is reporting that iPads are to be offered to passengers as in-flight entertainment on Qantas Airways' Jetstar flights, according to a company official speaking to the Dow Jones Newswires. The move is to draw would-be flyers to Jetstar in an increasingly competitive market for budget airlines operating in and around Australia and Asia.
According to ZDNet Australia, passengers will have the option to rent an iPad for the duration of the flight at AUD $10.
The larger screen would certainly be a plus, but I must admit, holding an iPad for the duration of a flight would become slightly tiresome. However, I know that if I was on a long-haul flight, I'd certainly choose an iPad loaded with games, music, and movies over the usually clunky in-flight entertainment service offered on most airlines these days. Though, not at an additional cost -- especially if I've got an iPad of my own already.
MarketWatch is reporting that iPads are to be offered to passengers as in-flight entertainment on Qantas Airways' Jetstar flights,...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daily App: MyScript Calculator solves your hand-written math equations
- Findery app lets you discover the world around you using annotated notes and maps
- The Learnist app brings its crowd-sourced collection of information to your iPhone
- My cat Cinnamon reviews Friskies Cat Fishing 2
- Photo Grid Collage Maker is capable and free
- iExit gets new features and is now free