Qantas to offer in-flight iPads on Jetstar flights
MarketWatch is reporting that iPads are to be offered to passengers as in-flight entertainment on Qantas Airways' Jetstar flights, according to a company official speaking to the Dow Jones Newswires. The move is to draw would-be flyers to Jetstar in an increasingly competitive market for budget airlines operating in and around Australia and Asia.
According to ZDNet Australia, passengers will have the option to rent an iPad for the duration of the flight at AUD $10.
The larger screen would certainly be a plus, but I must admit, holding an iPad for the duration of a flight would become slightly tiresome. However, I know that if I was on a long-haul flight, I'd certainly choose an iPad loaded with games, music, and movies over the usually clunky in-flight entertainment service offered on most airlines these days. Though, not at an additional cost -- especially if I've got an iPad of my own already.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Dropbox adds file/folder renaming and Office document editing to iOS app
- Vizzywig 8xHD price tag now a very affordable $49.99
- Automatic targets teen drivers with License+ service
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)