Report: Android ad revenue beats iPhone, iOS and smartphone market still growing
That's not to say that iOS is slouching -- its revenue growth increased 316% in the last quarter, and impression growth increased by 156%. Apple is still the leading device manufacturer on the network, with a 30% market share, and the company makes two of the top four "connected devices" in the iPad and the iPod touch, with the Sony PSP and PS3 rounding out that list.
It's also interesting to note that smartphone impressions overall are still growing -- this isn't a down and dirty fight between the manufacturers yet, as there are still new customers to grab out there. Smartphone impression share went up 7% month-over-month, so this is still a growing market.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Readdle rolls out PDF Expert 5: iCloud support, shared folder with Documents by Readdle
- FlightTrack 5: new look and features just in time for holiday travel
- HBO Go for iOS update adds Google Chromecast support
- Haiku Deck updates iPad app, launches web-based cloud version
- Weather Underground iPhone app gets crowdsourced weather, iOS 7 style
- Apple updates iMovie, adds support for older Macs