Rumor: MacBook Air downsized details previewed
As the clock ticks down toward today's Back to the Mac event, Engadget relays some insider info from a trusted source regarding the capabilities and specs of the all-but-certain MacBook Air 11.6" form factor subnotebook.
- 2.13GHz Intel Core 2 Duo CPU (with a 2.33GHz BTO option). No surprise that the Core i3/i5 was too much oomph for this configuration.
- 2GB of memory
- Mini DisplayPort, USB, and SD card reader along the left-hand side and USB and power on the right. The addition of the 2nd USB port is sure to cheer the hearts of would-be buyers.
- Buttonless trackpad like the rest of the line.
- About the same thickness as the current MacBook Air.
- A black power key now sits immediately to the right of a smaller eject key on the MBA's keyboard -- the round aluminum power button is gone.
Engadget also says their source could not lock down the rumored SSD-on-a-stick storage changes, so that remains mysterious. Apple Insider and Cult of Mac originally reported the likelihood of the smaller MBA.
We'll be live in just about 2 hours with our coverage of the announcements. See you then!
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync