Rumor: MacBook Air downsized details previewed
As the clock ticks down toward today's Back to the Mac event, Engadget relays some insider info from a trusted source regarding the capabilities and specs of the all-but-certain MacBook Air 11.6" form factor subnotebook.
- 2.13GHz Intel Core 2 Duo CPU (with a 2.33GHz BTO option). No surprise that the Core i3/i5 was too much oomph for this configuration.
- 2GB of memory
- Mini DisplayPort, USB, and SD card reader along the left-hand side and USB and power on the right. The addition of the 2nd USB port is sure to cheer the hearts of would-be buyers.
- Buttonless trackpad like the rest of the line.
- About the same thickness as the current MacBook Air.
- A black power key now sits immediately to the right of a smaller eject key on the MBA's keyboard -- the round aluminum power button is gone.
Engadget also says their source could not lock down the rumored SSD-on-a-stick storage changes, so that remains mysterious. Apple Insider and Cult of Mac originally reported the likelihood of the smaller MBA.
We'll be live in just about 2 hours with our coverage of the announcements. See you then!
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter