Microsoft also declares record revenue, but Apple still on top
Apple isn't the only technology company that's posting record revenue this year -- Microsoft has brought in $16.20 billion in the last quarter, which stands as a record with a 25 percent increase from the same time last year. The Seattle giant also increased net income to $5.41 billion, so it looks like Halo Reach (in September) and Office 2010 (in July) sent things in a good direction.
Apple announced revenue of $20 billion last quarter, which puts the Cupertino company on top by $4 billion in terms of incoming money. But Microsoft still rules net income, with Apple pulling in $4.31 billion for the same quarter. That may change next reporting period, given Apple's steam in the industry so far, but no matter which way you slice it, both of these companies are rolling in the dough.
Apple isn't the only technology company that's posting record revenue this year -- Microsoft has brought in $16.20 billion in the last...
Deals of the Daymore deals
Software Updatesmore updates
- Microsoft Office for Mac 2011 Update 14.3.4
- Pixelmator 2.2 available with over 100 new features and improvements
- DabKick for iPhone lets you share photos, watch videos and now listen to music in real-time
- Google Now added to search app on iPhone, iPad
- GateGuru for iPhone has been updated and greatly improved
- Twitter updates its OS X client