iOS 4.2 Gold Master release seeded to developers
The day all iPad users have been waiting for is just about upon us; iOS 4.2 has finally gone Gold Master. Apple is giving developers the go-ahead to download what will likely be the final release version of its latest mobile operating system and SDK. While all but the first generation iPhones and iPod touches will be eligible for the update, the big news is that the iPad will finally move up to the fourth generation of iOS, gaining multitasking and app folders.
All the iOS 4.2 devices will be adding two marquee features: Air Print for remote printing via a networked Mac or compatible HP hardware, and Air Play to hand off video playback to the iOS-based Apple TV.
The new OS should be available for general download sometime in the next couple of weeks.
Thanks to everyone who sent this in.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Pandora Radio 5.1: Wake up to your favorite station
- Microsoft revamps Bing for iPad
- Plex updated for iOS 7
- Readdle rolls out PDF Expert 5: iCloud support, shared folder with Documents by Readdle
- FlightTrack 5: new look and features just in time for holiday travel
- HBO Go for iOS update adds Google Chromecast support