iOS 4.2 Gold Master release seeded to developers
The day all iPad users have been waiting for is just about upon us; iOS 4.2 has finally gone Gold Master. Apple is giving developers the go-ahead to download what will likely be the final release version of its latest mobile operating system and SDK. While all but the first generation iPhones and iPod touches will be eligible for the update, the big news is that the iPad will finally move up to the fourth generation of iOS, gaining multitasking and app folders.
All the iOS 4.2 devices will be adding two marquee features: Air Print for remote printing via a networked Mac or compatible HP hardware, and Air Play to hand off video playback to the iOS-based Apple TV.
The new OS should be available for general download sometime in the next couple of weeks.
Thanks to everyone who sent this in.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Vizzywig 8xHD price tag now a very affordable $49.99
- Automatic targets teen drivers with License+ service
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration