US iPhone 4 availability finally "within 24 hours"
For the first time since its launch, the availability of the iPhone 4 in Apple's US Online Store has dropped to "within 24 hours." This should be welcome news to investors and analysts as it shows that Apple has successfully ramped up production enough to have a good amount of stock on hand going into the holiday season. Maybe that production line that was working on prototype white iPhone 4s has finally been brought into the main flow.
During Apple's financial call with investors last month, Apple said the company was selling iPhone 4s as fast as they could be manufactured, and the only reason it didn't sell more than 14.1 million is because of supply. However, even with supply constraints, Apple still sold 2 million more iPhones than some of the higher Wall Street estimates.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV
- Spotify updates with new iPhone controls in time for summer BBQs
- iTunes U update will bring course creation and student discussion to iPad app
- Dropbox for iOS update adds new setup and file management options