US iPhone 4 availability finally "within 24 hours"
For the first time since its launch, the availability of the iPhone 4 in Apple's US Online Store has dropped to "within 24 hours." This should be welcome news to investors and analysts as it shows that Apple has successfully ramped up production enough to have a good amount of stock on hand going into the holiday season. Maybe that production line that was working on prototype white iPhone 4s has finally been brought into the main flow.
During Apple's financial call with investors last month, Apple said the company was selling iPhone 4s as fast as they could be manufactured, and the only reason it didn't sell more than 14.1 million is because of supply. However, even with supply constraints, Apple still sold 2 million more iPhones than some of the higher Wall Street estimates.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter
- Dropbox adds file/folder renaming and Office document editing to iOS app