Redsn0w Jailbreak for iOS 4.1 now available
For either Mac OS X or Windows, this build takes advantage of geohot's recent limera1n exploit (the same used by greenpois0n and PwnageTool), leaving the SHAtter exploit to (hopefully) be saved for another day, according to the Dev-Team Blog.
The Dev-Team has also incorporated two additional extras to this build. Firstly, "...custom bootlogos for iPhone3G/iPhone3GS/iPod2G users (with qualifying bootroms)." And secondly, "an option that implements the 'DFU' button in PwnageTool. This button (which you can use from Windows) lets you prepare your device for a custom DFU. Even if you're purely a Windows user, you can get a trusted friend to run PwnageTool over your IPSW to create a custom IPSW. You can now install that custom IPSW on your own Windows box, after you run this redsn0w version."
For the download and further details, check out the Dev-Team's announcement post.
If you've gone and done the deed, let us know how it's working out for you in the comments below.
If you're a fan of jailbreaking your iOS device, here's some good news for you. The iphone Dev-Team has released the latest version of...
Deals of the Daymore deals
Software Updatesmore updates
- Agile Partners releases Lick of the Day 2.0
- Microsoft Office for Mac 2011 Update 14.3.4
- Pixelmator 2.2 available with over 100 new features and improvements
- DabKick for iPhone lets you share photos, watch videos and now listen to music in real-time
- Google Now added to search app on iPhone, iPad
- GateGuru for iPhone has been updated and greatly improved