Updated Facebook app released for iPhone and iPod touch
TechCrunch reports that Mark Zuckerberg showed off the new version of his company's Facebook for iPhone app at today's Mobile Event. Facebook v3.3 adds a new Groups feature and also updates the existing Places feature. Among the improvements to Places, it will now be easier to tag your friends into a venue and it will be easier to add photos alongside a check-in. The update also features a Deals function that lets you "discover great deals around you" (translation: here comes the location-based advertising).
Zuckerberg also said that the Facebook app was on the "vast majority of iPhones." The updated Facebook app is now available in the App Store.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync