Skyfire browser back in the App Store, but in limited quantities
This just in: the Skyfire browser, which was released earlier this week and then quickly pulled when the company's servers were overwhelmed, is being released back into the App Store. But before you do what I did and rush out to purchase it, note that it is only being released in "batches." That means that for those of us who are seeking a way to watch Adobe Flash video on our iPhones, iPod touches, and iPads may have to wait a bit longer.
Sure enough, the first batch is apparently sold out, as I was unable to find it in the store either in iTunes on my Mac or in the App Store on my iPhone. Skyfire CEO Jeff Gleuck is recommending that people hoping to buy Skyfire follow the company on Twitter or friend them on Facebook. That way, you'll be notified when the next batch is released.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features