Damon Albarn making next Gorillaz album completely on an iPad
Musicians love the iPad -- it's a powerful computer with an intuitive interface, and that turns Apple's tablet into one of the best musical instruments (both real and virtual) around. Now, Damon Albarn, formerly of Blur and now frontman for the band Gorillaz, has become a fan as well. He tells NME that he's making a brand new record completely on the revolutionary and magical device. "I hope I'll be making the first record on an iPad," he said. "I fell in love with my iPad as soon as I got it, so I've made a completely different kind of record."
That sounds interesting -- the album is apparently an official Gorillaz album (Albarn frequently collaborates with all kinds of artists for the "band's" music), and Albarn says it should be out sometime soon, "before Christmas." We'll have to look forward to it -- all of the iPad music we've heard so far sounds great, and it'll be intriguing to see what kinds of decisions Albarn makes just by working on an iPad.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Dropbox adds file/folder renaming and Office document editing to iOS app
- Vizzywig 8xHD price tag now a very affordable $49.99
- Automatic targets teen drivers with License+ service
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)