Facebook for iPhone updated with account and privacy settings access
Facebook has updated its popular iPhone app to version 3.3.2. The update includes bug fixes, but it also adds the long requested ability to access your account and privacy settings directly from the iPhone app without having to log into Facebook.com.
While you can now access account and privacy settings from within the app, the implementation of the account and privacy settings leaves something to be desired. Taping the Account button will bring up a menu that allows you to log out, go to the Facebook Help Center, or go to your privacy or account settings. Selecting account or privacy settings takes you to the Facebook website via the app's built-in browser. Not the best implementation, but at least it's accessible from within the app now.
Those hoping the updated app might provide some clues to the impending Facebook email announcement will be disappointed, as no changes in the app suggest Facebook email integration.
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter