iCollect Movies HD catalogs your movie collection on your iPad
MacMegasite reports that Hooked In Motion has released the iCollect Movies HD 1.0 app (US$4.99), which lets movie fanatics catalog their Blu-ray, DVD, HD DVD, UMD, VHS, Betamax, and Laserdisc collection right on their iPad. While the iPhone version, iCollect Movies Pro ($2.99), can use its camera to scan the barcode and find your movies, iPad users will have to manually enter either the title or the barcode, which some users may find a minor inconvenience -- at least until the iPad gets a camera, which will hopefully be sooner rather than later.
Once movies are cataloged, iCollect Movies provides detailed notes from IMDb and Rotten Tomatoes along with regions, subtitles, and aspect ratios. A built-in search function allows users to search for all the movies they own starring a specific actor, how many times a movie has been watched, and any ratings that they may have recorded in the past.
iCollect Movies HD 1.0 for iPad syncs with iCollect Movies Pro for iPhone and directly with the icollectmedia.com website. This allows users to back up and share their collections via the Web and other Apple devices. If I hadn't ditched my entire DVD collection a while back, I could totally find a use for an app like this. For those of you with a huge video library, it may be worth a look.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV
- Spotify updates with new iPhone controls in time for summer BBQs
- iTunes U update will bring course creation and student discussion to iPad app