Angry Birds sequel will reveal pigs' point of view
Just when you thought that the frenzy over the popular iOS game Angry Birds had finally reached its peak, now comes word from the Virtual Goods Summit that the game's publisher plans on turning the franchise into an empire.
Rovio CEO Peter Vesterbacka
dropped the eggs spilled the beans yesterday when he mentioned that the game is going to be available on all major gaming platforms soon, not just on mobile devices. But the comment that got the most attention was that the Angry Birds sequel is in development and it won't focus solely on the irate avians.
No, the sequel story line will be told from the point of view of the pigs, who have been the victims of the vicious attacks by the birds in Part One of this tale. Vesterbacka also confirmed that a movie and TV show are apparently in the works, and that most of Rovio's investment at the present time is going into a Facebook game. It won't be Angry Birds, but will take place in the same world as the ultra-popular game.
Rovio is also working on a multiplayer version of Angry Birds, all part of Vesterbacka's plans for "Angry Birds to be bigger than Tetris."
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daily App: MyScript Calculator solves your hand-written math equations
- Findery app lets you discover the world around you using annotated notes and maps
- The Learnist app brings its crowd-sourced collection of information to your iPhone
- My cat Cinnamon reviews Friskies Cat Fishing 2
- Photo Grid Collage Maker is capable and free
- iExit gets new features and is now free