Peachpit and Pearson tech books now available in iBookstore
Pearson's stable includes such imprints as Addison Wesley, Cisco Press, IBM Press, Que, Prentice Hall, Pearson IT Certification, and Sams. The titles are divided into sections, including Apple Gadgets & Technology, iOS Development, Internet & Web, IT Certification, Programming and Software Development, Social and Web Marketing, Software Applications, and Web Design & Creation.
Peachpit's library includes the Apple Training Series, which is the "official" series of books used in Apple Certification training. I was pleased to see that the Apple Training Series books were discounted: the Mac OS X Support Essentials v 10.6 title that normally sells for $58.49 on the Peachpit site in paperback or for $46.79 in Adobe Reader format is now only $34.99 in the iBookstore. Peachpit books are also divided into sections, including Bestsellers, New Releases, Apple & Apple Certified, Web, Adobe, Photography, Video & Audio, and Graphic Design.
For the many techies who own iPhones or iPads, the addition of Peachpit and Pearson books to the iBookstore is going to be a godsend. Unfortunately, it's also another reason to spend a lot of money on those technical books that you've been waiting to read on your iPad.
[via Macsimum News]
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter