Flight Control HD now available on Steam for Mac
Would-be air traffic controllers can now get their flight control fix on the Mac or PC. Flight Control HD, the addictive line drawing game that lets you drag aircraft to their landing zones with your finger on iOS, is now available on Steam for US$4.99.
The game, from game house Firemint, was a bona fide hit on the iPhone early on, and then migrated to the iPad earlier this year in the HD format. Flight Control HD has also hit the PS3 in a stereoscopic 3D version that supports the PlayStation Move gesture-based controller.
As with all Steam games, you'll need to download and install the free game engine first. The Mac version requires an Intel Mac running Mac OS X version 10.5.8 or later (for Leopard users) or 10.6.3 or later for Snow Leopard users.
Once you're in the game, you'll find something that is exclusive to the Steam version -- a "stunt map" that has you flying through air racing gates to gain extra points before landing.
It's fascinating to watch the more popular game titles on iOS making their way to the big(ger) screen.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- 1Password 4.5 for iOS gains features, slims down
- IFTTT for iPad brings service/device mashups to your favorite tablet
- Daily App: Rormix brings indie music videos to your iPhone and iPad
- Pebble updates its iOS app with new apps, sharing options and v2.1 fix
- PSA: Pebble for iOS v.2.1 update contains critical flaw that breaks the app - Update
- Today in the App Store -- the best free apps, new apps and app updates