iOS 4.2.1 jailbroken, compatible Cydia store ready
Redmond Pie reports today that iOS 4.2.1 has been successfully jailbroken, and that a compatible version of Cydia will be available as soon as 4.2.1 reaches the public. This build of iOS can be jailbroken with Redsn0w version 0.9.6b2, the same used with iOS 4.1.
The current version of Cydia is incompatible with iOS 4.2.1 and crashes upon launch. However, a working build is ready to go and will hit your jailbroken phones by the time you've got 4.2.1 installed. Until you get it, Redmond Pie suggests installing jailbreak apps via SSH.
Jailbreaking is not for me, but if you're interested, know that you should be all set as soon as iOS 4.2.1 arrives.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Findery app lets you discover the world around you using annotated notes and maps
- The Learnist app brings its crowd-sourced collection of information to your iPhone
- My cat Cinnamon reviews Friskies Cat Fishing 2
- Photo Grid Collage Maker is capable and free
- iExit gets new features and is now free
- Dragon Dictate 4 released today with new features and speed enhancements