iPad patent suggests landscape dock connector ... again
We've heard about this before, but a new patent illustration hints again at a second dock in a future version of the iPad, one that will enable you to both charge and sync your iPad from a landscape setup. Honestly, it seems a little redundant to have two dock connectors on there, since you'll never use more than one at a time anyway.
Still, competitors are already making use of a landscape charging setup, and Apple's been hinting about switching to a landscape charging display for a while. Could be that when we do see the next version of the iPad announced (likely next January), you'll have your option of which way to display it while charging.
Deals of the Daymore deals
Software Updatesmore updates
- Microsoft Office for Mac 2011 Update 14.3.4
- Pixelmator 2.2 available with over 100 new features and improvements
- DabKick for iPhone lets you share photos, watch videos and now listen to music in real-time
- Google Now added to search app on iPhone, iPad
- GateGuru for iPhone has been updated and greatly improved
- Twitter updates its OS X client