iPad patent suggests landscape dock connector ... again
We've heard about this before, but a new patent illustration hints again at a second dock in a future version of the iPad, one that will enable you to both charge and sync your iPad from a landscape setup. Honestly, it seems a little redundant to have two dock connectors on there, since you'll never use more than one at a time anyway.
Still, competitors are already making use of a landscape charging setup, and Apple's been hinting about switching to a landscape charging display for a while. Could be that when we do see the next version of the iPad announced (likely next January), you'll have your option of which way to display it while charging.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter