iPad patent suggests landscape dock connector ... again
We've heard about this before, but a new patent illustration hints again at a second dock in a future version of the iPad, one that will enable you to both charge and sync your iPad from a landscape setup. Honestly, it seems a little redundant to have two dock connectors on there, since you'll never use more than one at a time anyway.
Still, competitors are already making use of a landscape charging setup, and Apple's been hinting about switching to a landscape charging display for a while. Could be that when we do see the next version of the iPad announced (likely next January), you'll have your option of which way to display it while charging.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daily App: MyScript Calculator solves your hand-written math equations
- Findery app lets you discover the world around you using annotated notes and maps
- The Learnist app brings its crowd-sourced collection of information to your iPhone
- My cat Cinnamon reviews Friskies Cat Fishing 2
- Photo Grid Collage Maker is capable and free
- iExit gets new features and is now free