SlingPlayer for iPad now available [update: does not work with PRO]
Just a week after the teaser video was released, SlingPlayer for iPad (US$29.99) is officially available. This app lets you stream anything that comes from your Slingbox SOLO,
PRO, or PRO-HD to and iPad via Wi-Fi or 3G. Thirty bucks is kind of high, and the app isn't universal so you're looking at sixty bucks if you want to toss an iPhone into the mix.
Note that the Slingbox Classic, AV, PRO and TUNER are not supported for use with SlingPlayer Mobile. If you own one of those you're not completely out of luck; you can take advantage of an upgrade offer to save $50 on a new Slingbox SOLO or Slingbox PRO-HD.
[Updated regarding Slingbox PRO compatibility. The app description from Sling suggests that the app is compatible with the Slingbox PRO when used on the iPad, but our readers report differently. We apologize for any confusion, and we are contacting Sling to find out what, if anything, they intend to do to compensate PRO owners who bought the app in error.]
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV
- Spotify updates with new iPhone controls in time for summer BBQs
- iTunes U update will bring course creation and student discussion to iPad app
- Dropbox for iOS update adds new setup and file management options