Tesco begins selling iPad in the UK
Tesco, the massive global grocer and merchandising retailer, has begun selling all six models of the iPad on its Tesco Direct website and in select Tesco stores today. While the iPad has been available in the UK since May, the addition of Tesco as an iPad reseller is significant, because it is the largest retailer in the United Kingdom and provides yet another locale for UK customers, specifically those not close to an Apple Store, to buy an iPad.
Though typically known for its cutthroat prices, all six models of the iPad retail for the same price as they do on the Apple UK Store. Tesco is the second-largest retailer in the world with stores in over 14 countries, but it is unknown at this time if the iPad will be available in any of those stores located outside the United Kingdom.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync