Tesco begins selling iPad in the UK
Tesco, the massive global grocer and merchandising retailer, has begun selling all six models of the iPad on its Tesco Direct website and in select Tesco stores today. While the iPad has been available in the UK since May, the addition of Tesco as an iPad reseller is significant, because it is the largest retailer in the United Kingdom and provides yet another locale for UK customers, specifically those not close to an Apple Store, to buy an iPad.
Though typically known for its cutthroat prices, all six models of the iPad retail for the same price as they do on the Apple UK Store. Tesco is the second-largest retailer in the world with stores in over 14 countries, but it is unknown at this time if the iPad will be available in any of those stores located outside the United Kingdom.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV
- Spotify updates with new iPhone controls in time for summer BBQs
- iTunes U update will bring course creation and student discussion to iPad app