Tesco begins selling iPad in the UK
Tesco, the massive global grocer and merchandising retailer, has begun selling all six models of the iPad on its Tesco Direct website and in select Tesco stores today. While the iPad has been available in the UK since May, the addition of Tesco as an iPad reseller is significant, because it is the largest retailer in the United Kingdom and provides yet another locale for UK customers, specifically those not close to an Apple Store, to buy an iPad.
Though typically known for its cutthroat prices, all six models of the iPad retail for the same price as they do on the Apple UK Store. Tesco is the second-largest retailer in the world with stores in over 14 countries, but it is unknown at this time if the iPad will be available in any of those stores located outside the United Kingdom.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter