Carl Crawford distributes iPads with "highlight reel" to prospective teams
Major League Baseball star Carl Crawford is shopping for a new team, and he has sent iPads packed with video highlights of his career to prospective coaches and managers. Specifically, Crawford's agent Greg Genske is distributing the iPads, according to Business Insider.
If artists can share their portfolios with an iPad, why not pro athletes? The move was a stunt for sure, and a costly one at that. But not to worry, Business Insider reports that if Crawford attracts the US$100 million deal he's expected to, those 30 iPads will be paid off by his second at-bat (four at-bats per game works out to $33,333 per at-bat). Not bad for a day's work.
Major League Baseball star Carl Crawford is shopping for a new team, and he has sent iPads packed with video highlights of his career to...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Readdle rolls out PDF Expert 5: iCloud support, shared folder with Documents by Readdle
- FlightTrack 5: new look and features just in time for holiday travel
- HBO Go for iOS update adds Google Chromecast support
- Haiku Deck updates iPad app, launches web-based cloud version
- Weather Underground iPhone app gets crowdsourced weather, iOS 7 style
- Apple updates iMovie, adds support for older Macs