Carl Crawford distributes iPads with "highlight reel" to prospective teams
Major League Baseball star Carl Crawford is shopping for a new team, and he has sent iPads packed with video highlights of his career to prospective coaches and managers. Specifically, Crawford's agent Greg Genske is distributing the iPads, according to Business Insider.
If artists can share their portfolios with an iPad, why not pro athletes? The move was a stunt for sure, and a costly one at that. But not to worry, Business Insider reports that if Crawford attracts the US$100 million deal he's expected to, those 30 iPads will be paid off by his second at-bat (four at-bats per game works out to $33,333 per at-bat). Not bad for a day's work.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync