Carl Crawford distributes iPads with "highlight reel" to prospective teams
Major League Baseball star Carl Crawford is shopping for a new team, and he has sent iPads packed with video highlights of his career to prospective coaches and managers. Specifically, Crawford's agent Greg Genske is distributing the iPads, according to Business Insider.
If artists can share their portfolios with an iPad, why not pro athletes? The move was a stunt for sure, and a costly one at that. But not to worry, Business Insider reports that if Crawford attracts the US$100 million deal he's expected to, those 30 iPads will be paid off by his second at-bat (four at-bats per game works out to $33,333 per at-bat). Not bad for a day's work.
Major League Baseball star Carl Crawford is shopping for a new team, and he has sent iPads packed with video highlights of his career to...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daylite 5 adds refinements to the business management app
- 1Password 4.5 for iOS gains features, slims down
- IFTTT for iPad brings service/device mashups to your favorite tablet
- Daily App: Rormix brings indie music videos to your iPhone and iPad
- Pebble updates its iOS app with new apps, sharing options and v2.1 fix
- PSA: Pebble for iOS v.2.1 update contains critical flaw that breaks the app - Update