Daily iPad publication reportedly delayed until 2011
The Financial Times (FT) is reporting today (subscription required) that Rupert Murdoch's forthcoming iPad publication, The Daily, may be delayed until 2011. Quoting "people familiar to the project," FT says that the joint venture between News Corp and Apple is likely to debut next year. Neither Apple or News Corp supplied FT with a comment. You've got to wonder if the issue of in-store subscriptions is holding up the works, or if the rumored December 9th launch date was overly optimistic to begin with.
The article goes on to suggest that The Daily will cost US$0.99 per week and will be similar to a mid-market tabloid (think The New York Post or the UK's Daily Mail) in style and tone. Murdoch notes that they'll need to sell 800,000 regular subscriptions to keep the wheels turning.
While an ambitious project, The Daily won't be the first iPad-exclusive publication from a major name. Richard Branson's Project debuted today, and Gourmet Magazine was recently reborn as Gourmet Live for iPad.
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter