International iPad launches today
The iPad is launching in several countries today, including Czech Republic, Denmark, Malaysia, Finland, Hungary, Malaysia, Norway, Poland, Portugal, South Korea, Sweden and Taiwan. In Taiwan, the device will be carried by several Apple Premium Resellers, including Tsann Kuen, Fnac, Studio A and DataExpress 3C retail chains.
The iPad began its assault on the tablet market in the U.S., then it moved over to Europe and Asia. Today, less than a year later, the little tablet is disrupting the long-standing PC market. Its relative low cost and sleek appeal have reeled in shoppers who typically avoid Apple products.
Please send us your stories and pictures of launch day via the comments. We'd love to share in the fun.
Update: Czech Republic pricing can be found here.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync