Rumor: CDMA iPhone to be carrier exclusive with Verizon
Most of the recent speculation has centered around an early 2011 launch for the first non-GSM iPhone, but it remains unclear if it would simply be announced at that time or actually go on sale then. Launching early in the year would either cut short Apple's typical annual product cycle for the iPhone and bring iPhone 5 to market early, or else it would leave a CDMA iPhone 4 with a short life cycle. Given the rapid pace of iteration for Android phones, either option for the CDMA iPhone is a possibility.
Analyst Shaw Wu sent out his latest investor note on Monday, and unsurprisingly, he says an iPhone for Verizon Wireless is imminent, but he...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Readdle rolls out PDF Expert 5: iCloud support, shared folder with Documents by Readdle
- FlightTrack 5: new look and features just in time for holiday travel
- HBO Go for iOS update adds Google Chromecast support
- Haiku Deck updates iPad app, launches web-based cloud version
- Weather Underground iPhone app gets crowdsourced weather, iOS 7 style
- Apple updates iMovie, adds support for older Macs