Apple highlights the best of iTunes in 2010
Apple has highlighted the best of iTunes from 2010, showing off their picks for the best apps, movies, TV shows and more. There are several categories and many of our favorites made the cut. Here's an overview of the winners.
Let's jump right to the fun one -- apps. Apple has created separate categories for iPhone/iPod touch apps and iPad apps, but the big honors went to Hipstamatic, which Apple named "iPhone App of the Year" (also a former TUAW Daily App pick) and the record-breaking Plants vs. Zombies which took home the "iPhone Game of the Year" title.
On the iPad side of the store, Flipboard was named the "iPad App of the Year" for 2010, while Cosmos picked up "iPad Game of the Year."
From there, Apple breaks down the hot trends in both iPad and iPhone/iPod touch apps. Categories include food and cooking apps, news, stories, apps for kids and more. We're particularly amused that zombies get their own category of iPhone apps.
Have a look around to see how your favorites fared. If only Infinity Blade had come out earlier.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV