iPad Wi-Fi issue with iOS 4.2.1 frustrating some, nonexistent for many
As described by lots of users in the Apple support forums, Wi-Fi connectivity slowed dramatically after the upgrade. There seems to be no rhyme or reason to the slowdown, as it is affecting new and older iPads, people using Apple or third-party Wi-Fi routers, and a number of other variables.
Apple doesn't appear to be acknowledging the problem, much to the extreme frustration of iPad users who are having the problem. On the other hand, it may not necessarily be a widespread problem. A quick survey of TUAW bloggers showed that none of them are seeing the issue, and none of my iPad-toting clients are having the problem (trust me, I'd hear from them).
We're curious to see what percentage of our readers have seen this problem with their iPads after the late November OS upgrade. Please take our (unscientific) poll and let us know.
|Other - please leave a comment||335 (5.6%)|
We've received a blitz of emails from TUAW readers who have been pulling their hair out about an issue that appeared after they upgraded...
Deals of the Daymore deals
Software Updatesmore updates
- Microsoft Office for Mac 2011 Update 14.3.4
- Pixelmator 2.2 available with over 100 new features and improvements
- DabKick for iPhone lets you share photos, watch videos and now listen to music in real-time
- Google Now added to search app on iPhone, iPad
- GateGuru for iPhone has been updated and greatly improved
- Twitter updates its OS X client