New iPad case shows curves, camera hole
Shenzhen MacTop Electronics has posted (English translation) a picture of what is supposedly a case for the next-generation iPad, complete with more pronounced curvature and a hole for a rear-facing camera. Also, the speaker slot (assuming that's what it is) is much larger than what's currently on the iPad. The tiny hole that we assume is for a camera is in the upper left-hand corner, similar to where the camera lives on the iPhone and iPod touch.
As MacStories notes, it might be odd to shoot photos with that gigantic thing, but what do I know? We'll find out soon enough, as the so-called "iPad 2" is rumored to hit shelves in April of next year.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daylite 5 adds refinements to the business management app
- 1Password 4.5 for iOS gains features, slims down
- IFTTT for iPad brings service/device mashups to your favorite tablet
- Daily App: Rormix brings indie music videos to your iPhone and iPad
- Pebble updates its iOS app with new apps, sharing options and v2.1 fix
- PSA: Pebble for iOS v.2.1 update contains critical flaw that breaks the app - Update