Want the Radio Shack discount? You're probably out of luck
If you were waiting until today to take advantage of Radio Shack's deep, deep discount on an iPhone, you're most likely out of luck. The promotion caused a nationwide RS shortage of iPhone inventory, and AppleInsider contacted a number of the stores on Friday to find that all but one have run out of stock.
This isn't the first time "The Shack's" promos caused a run on the iPhone. The company offered a similar kickback program when the iPhone 4 was first launched. But so many took advantage of the offer that after the initial pre-orders, no new phones came in for the remainder of the program's run.
For those who missed out on Radio Shack's deal, maybe they had better luck at Best Buy's one-day sale.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV