iPad leads gadget search queries in Google's 2010 Zeitgeist report
Surrounded by the likes of singer Justin Bieber, video chat site Chatroulette and rapper Nicki Minaj, the iPad was was among the top Google search engine queries for 2010 according to the annual Google Zeitgeist report. The report is an indicator about what Google users were searching for throughout the year, and coming in second place among the "Fastest Rising" terms of the year and first for "Fastest Rising in Consumer Electronics," the iPad was definitely on everyone's mind.
This shouldn't really come as much of a surprise, with the iPad taking home top honors in Time Magazine's Top 10 Gadgets list this year while also placing third on Yahoo's 10 Obsessions of 2010 list. With rumors popping up about the iPad 2 starting to ship by the end of February 2011, I imagine the iPad will maintain a healthy position in the Zeitgeist for next year, too.
Also interesting to note is the "Fastest Falling" list for the year, which includes Susan Boyle, Circuit City and MySpace layouts. I am going to go out on a limb here and assume that MySpace won't be making a big comeback in 2011, but I've been wrong before.
[via Engadget and CNET]
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Dropbox adds file/folder renaming and Office document editing to iOS app
- Vizzywig 8xHD price tag now a very affordable $49.99
- Automatic targets teen drivers with License+ service
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)