SlingPlayer Mobile for iPhone updated with better quality video and a new guide
SlingPlayer Mobile for the iPhone and iPod touch has been updated to version 2.0. The guide is improved, matching the iPad version, and video streaming quality is improved if you have a Slingbox SOLO or Pro-HD model.
Happily, older Slingboxes will still work with this update, but you won't get the highest level of picture quality. The update is free if you previously bought the stratospherically priced (US $29.99) app. To get customers on the newer hardware, the Sling people are offering upgrades at $50.00 off on a Slingbox PRO-HD or SOLO or $150.00 off of a refurbished PRO-HD.
Sling tech support notes that users with the SOLO or HD-PRO will have to update the software on their desktop machines as well. Users should also be reminded that if they have both an iPhone and iPad and are buying the apps for the first time, they each sell for $29.99. Ouch.
SlingPlayer Mobile for the iPhone and iPod touch has been updated to version 2.0. The guide is improved, matching the iPad version, and...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Readdle rolls out PDF Expert 5: iCloud support, shared folder with Documents by Readdle
- FlightTrack 5: new look and features just in time for holiday travel
- HBO Go for iOS update adds Google Chromecast support
- Haiku Deck updates iPad app, launches web-based cloud version
- Weather Underground iPhone app gets crowdsourced weather, iOS 7 style
- Apple updates iMovie, adds support for older Macs