SlingPlayer Mobile for iPhone updated with better quality video and a new guide
SlingPlayer Mobile for the iPhone and iPod touch has been updated to version 2.0. The guide is improved, matching the iPad version, and video streaming quality is improved if you have a Slingbox SOLO or Pro-HD model.
Happily, older Slingboxes will still work with this update, but you won't get the highest level of picture quality. The update is free if you previously bought the stratospherically priced (US $29.99) app. To get customers on the newer hardware, the Sling people are offering upgrades at $50.00 off on a Slingbox PRO-HD or SOLO or $150.00 off of a refurbished PRO-HD.
Sling tech support notes that users with the SOLO or HD-PRO will have to update the software on their desktop machines as well. Users should also be reminded that if they have both an iPhone and iPad and are buying the apps for the first time, they each sell for $29.99. Ouch.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync