Riven: The Sequel to Myst now available for iPhone
Riven, the sequel to Cyan Worlds' bestselling game Myst, is now available on the App Store. The original version of Riven came out in 1997 for multiple systems and was widely acclaimed; 13 years later, Riven has an opportunity to reach an entirely new audience of gamers.
In August of 2008, Cyan announced that they'd port Myst to the iPhone, and it became available in July of 2009. Following the success of the original Myst on iOS, we heard back in February that Riven would be coming to the iPhone "by early summer at the latest." In Cyan Worlds' defense, they didn't say which hemisphere's summer they were talking about...
Riven is available for US$5.99 and is a huge download -- it's over a gigabyte, and due to iOS installation quirkiness, the game requires 2GB of free space before it will install on your iOS device of choice. Riven also has Game Center integration, but there doesn't appear to be an iPad-specific version of the app available. I never played the original version of Riven, but for six bucks I might give it a look... assuming I can find room for it in my monthly download cap, that is.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daily App: MyScript Calculator solves your hand-written math equations
- Findery app lets you discover the world around you using annotated notes and maps
- The Learnist app brings its crowd-sourced collection of information to your iPhone
- My cat Cinnamon reviews Friskies Cat Fishing 2
- Photo Grid Collage Maker is capable and free
- iExit gets new features and is now free