Toshiba denies rumor Apple will invest in display factory
Remember the factory that Toshiba and Apple are supposed to be building together? According to DigiTimes, it turns out that Toshiba is not actually on board with the idea. Currently, Toshiba is still planning to build the new plant, which will double its output of small- to medium-sized displays. Although Apple is not an investor, it will likely reap the benefits of additional capacity via a possible decrease in the per unit cost of the displays.
One can only assume that the added capacity will aid in meeting the demand increase when Apple finally ships the white iPhone in 2011.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV
- Spotify updates with new iPhone controls in time for summer BBQs
- iTunes U update will bring course creation and student discussion to iPad app
- Dropbox for iOS update adds new setup and file management options