Toshiba denies rumor Apple will invest in display factory
Remember the factory that Toshiba and Apple are supposed to be building together? According to DigiTimes, it turns out that Toshiba is not actually on board with the idea. Currently, Toshiba is still planning to build the new plant, which will double its output of small- to medium-sized displays. Although Apple is not an investor, it will likely reap the benefits of additional capacity via a possible decrease in the per unit cost of the displays.
One can only assume that the added capacity will aid in meeting the demand increase when Apple finally ships the white iPhone in 2011.
Remember the factory that Toshiba and Apple are supposed to be building together? According to DigiTimes, it turns out that Toshiba is not...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Readdle rolls out PDF Expert 5: iCloud support, shared folder with Documents by Readdle
- FlightTrack 5: new look and features just in time for holiday travel
- HBO Go for iOS update adds Google Chromecast support
- Haiku Deck updates iPad app, launches web-based cloud version
- Weather Underground iPhone app gets crowdsourced weather, iOS 7 style
- Apple updates iMovie, adds support for older Macs