Toshiba denies rumor Apple will invest in display factory
Remember the factory that Toshiba and Apple are supposed to be building together? According to DigiTimes, it turns out that Toshiba is not actually on board with the idea. Currently, Toshiba is still planning to build the new plant, which will double its output of small- to medium-sized displays. Although Apple is not an investor, it will likely reap the benefits of additional capacity via a possible decrease in the per unit cost of the displays.
One can only assume that the added capacity will aid in meeting the demand increase when Apple finally ships the white iPhone in 2011.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter
- Dropbox adds file/folder renaming and Office document editing to iOS app
- Vizzywig 8xHD price tag now a very affordable $49.99