New version of Flipboard adds Google Reader, Facebook Groups and more
The latest version of Flipboard lets you read and sync to your Google Reader account. All RSS feeds are displayed in magazine-style layout with the ability to jump to your starred items, shared items, folders and individual subscriptions. Flickr integration is also an excellent addition to Flipboard. The iPad's large display lends itself to images, and the new Flickr feature lets you view your favorite photos, your photostream, your contacts' photos and interesting photos of the day.
Flipboard originally launched with support for Twitter and Facebook, and the app continues to build on its social networking roots. Flipboard lets you view your Facebook Groups, Friend list, and Fan pages within the app's gorgeous UI. Photos from your Facebook feed also look fantastic.
Twitter integration has been expanded to support favorite tweets, mentions, and both public and private lists. You can also now use Flipboard to post a status update, share a photo, or even a Flipboard page across multiple social networks. If you use any of the above web services or social networks and have not installed Flipboard, you should do it now. The Flipboard app is available for free from the App Store and is well worth checking out. You will be hard-pressed not to fall in love with it.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daylite 5 adds refinements to the business management app
- 1Password 4.5 for iOS gains features, slims down
- IFTTT for iPad brings service/device mashups to your favorite tablet
- Daily App: Rormix brings indie music videos to your iPhone and iPad
- Pebble updates its iOS app with new apps, sharing options and v2.1 fix
- PSA: Pebble for iOS v.2.1 update contains critical flaw that breaks the app - Update