Apple's iAd Producer released: In-app ad development kit
Apple has made another tool available for developers who are considering using iAd as a way of making revenue from their iOS apps. iAd Producer is a free ad creation toolkit that became available today on the Apple Developer website, and it is designed to streamline the creation of compelling animated interactive ads for iOS apps.
The Mac OS X-based tools, which are available to any members of the iOS Developer Program, include a visual designer, page templates, a library of pre-built components that can be used to add common user interface elements without writing code, pre-built animation and effects and an asset manager that holds images, movies and SVG fonts in one library.
iAds are starting to appear in a number of apps, primarily in the iPhone / iPod touch world. The first iPad iAd, for Tron Legacy, just appeared -- more iPad-specific ads are expected to arrive in 2011, and the new ad development kit can only speed up the rate of adoption of iAd.
[via 9to5 Mac]
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Readdle rolls out PDF Expert 5: iCloud support, shared folder with Documents by Readdle
- FlightTrack 5: new look and features just in time for holiday travel
- HBO Go for iOS update adds Google Chromecast support
- Haiku Deck updates iPad app, launches web-based cloud version
- Weather Underground iPhone app gets crowdsourced weather, iOS 7 style
- Apple updates iMovie, adds support for older Macs