Star Walk 5.1.1 brings Santa, printing and more -- plus a chance to win an iPad
Before we get to the new features in Star Walk 5.1.1 (also known as the Christmas Edition), we've teamed up with the developers, Vito Technology, to give away five copies of the app and a sparkly new iPad. Just leave a comment telling us your favorite astronomical object (star, planet, comet, constellation, space debris, man-made, whatever) and you're entered to win. Five people will win a code for the iPhone application, and one will win the 32 GB Wi-Fi iPad.
Star Walk 5 Stars Astronomy Guide - Christmas Edition adds a Christmas-specific toy in that you can "track" Santa on his way around the world on Christmas Eve. Star Walk has a "time machine" mode that allows you to position the stars in the sky on any given date. Now you can "track" Santa as he flies across the sky on Christmas Eve by dialing up December 24. Our own Mel Martin reviewed the app a while back, but this latest version adds printing support via AirPrint, info on some famous man-made satellites and new star catalogs. It's a great update to an already excellent app.
- Open to legal US residents of the 50 United States, the District of Columbia and Canada (excluding Quebec) who are 18 and older.
- To enter leave a comment telling us your favorite astronomical object (star, planet, man-made, whatever).
- The comment must be left before Wednesday, DECEMBER 22, 2010, 11:59 PM Eastern Time.
- You may enter only once.
- Six winners will be selected in a random drawing. Five will win a promo code, one will win an iPad.
- Prize: One code for the iPhone version of Star Walk (Value: US$2.99 ) OR one 32 GB Wi-Fi iPad for the Grand Prize winner (value: US$599).
- Click Here for complete Official Rules.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daylite 5 adds refinements to the business management app
- 1Password 4.5 for iOS gains features, slims down
- IFTTT for iPad brings service/device mashups to your favorite tablet
- Daily App: Rormix brings indie music videos to your iPhone and iPad
- Pebble updates its iOS app with new apps, sharing options and v2.1 fix
- PSA: Pebble for iOS v.2.1 update contains critical flaw that breaks the app - Update