Indie games on sale for iPhone (and a good cause)
The popular Humble Indie Bundle for the Mac has raised hundreds of thousands of dollars for charity and has become an inspiration for other indie developers looking to follow their lead. In that spirit, six independent iPhone game developers have banded together and are offering their games at a US$2-$3 discount. The devs will give 1/3 of the sale proceeds to Child's Play, a charity that provides toys and video games to children's hospitals across the U.S.
The bundle includes six games which will be sold for US$0.99 each. Due to the limitation of the iTunes App Store, each title will be sold separately and not as a $6 bundle. The bundle includes titles like Osmos, a physics-based, cosmic survival game and Drop 7, a puzzle game that mixes the best of Sudoku and Tetris. Games rounding out this indie offering include Spider: The Secret of Bryce Manor, Solipskier, Eliss and Cannabalt. So head on over to the App Store and pick up some of these award-winning games. You will add to your arsenal of casual entertainment and help out a worthy cause.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV
- Spotify updates with new iPhone controls in time for summer BBQs
- iTunes U update will bring course creation and student discussion to iPad app