AirMedia Player for Windows: Stream from iOS to your Windows PC
We've been chronicling the fast evolution of AirPlay media players that allow owners of iOS 4.2 devices to stream media to their Macs and Linux machines. Now, from developer Apostolos Georgiadis comes word of AirMedia Player for Windows.
The player requires Windows XP, Vista or 7, the Microsoft .NET framework 3.5 SP1 (available here), Bonjour for Windows (included with iTunes or the Bonjour Services for Windows) and QuickTime (available here). Once installed, users can stream video or music from their iPad, iPhone or iPod touch straight to a Windows PC.
A short video showing the AirMedia Player for Windows in action is available on the next page. Looks like Apostolos has pulled his video; however, the app page is still up and it's been revised to version 1.0.6.
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter