TUAW's Daily App: The 7th Guest
You might have missed the fact that this classic adventure game was released on iOS, but just in case, here you go: it's available now for iPhone and iPad. According to reviews on the store, this is a faithful recreation of the old full-motion video game from back in 1993. The game has you wandering around a mansion trying to solve puzzles, with a story slowly displayed through video clips featuring real actors in a real setting. The game was quite innovative for its time, being one of the first games to be distributed on CD-ROM. Unfortunately, the main reason for that was because the videos took up so much memory, and weirdly, iOS device owners are currently facing that same problem -- the game needs 623 MB free on your device to install.
But it is an interesting game from the start of the modern PC gaming era, and if you're already a fan of The 7th Guest, you'll definitely want to pick this up and play it on Apple's platform. The game is US$2.99 on the iPhone and $5.99 on the iPad. Andy Williams actually sings about "spooky ghost stories" for Christmas, so if you need one of those to play through this holiday week, try your turn at being the 7th Guest at Old Man Stauf's house.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daylite 5 adds refinements to the business management app
- 1Password 4.5 for iOS gains features, slims down
- IFTTT for iPad brings service/device mashups to your favorite tablet
- Daily App: Rormix brings indie music videos to your iPhone and iPad
- Pebble updates its iOS app with new apps, sharing options and v2.1 fix
- PSA: Pebble for iOS v.2.1 update contains critical flaw that breaks the app - Update