Rumored iPad 2 case pictures leaking out of Asia
A steady stream of purported iPad 2 cases continues to flow out of Asia. Similar to earlier leaks, this latest case to hit the rumor mill suggests the iPad 2 will have a rear-facing camera and a slimmer, possibly more angular design than the first generation iPad. This aesthetic change may be akin to the overhaul made to the iPod touch. The latest generation iPod touch dropped the rounded feel of its predecessors and replaced it with a thinner, sharp-edged design.
Apple mobile products have a long history of leaked cases that supposedly hint at upcoming hardware. Various iPhone models and the iPod touch have been targeted in these pre-release accessory leaks. Usually, these case leaks are incorrect -- remember the iPhone Nano case leak that had the world buzzing with rumors of a mini-iPhone? On a few rare occasions, though, these case leaks have been spot on and provided an early glimpse at unreleased hardware. Keeping that in mind, take a look at the three-minute, case-filled video after the break, and let us know if you think it is a harbinger of the second generation iPad or a carefully-crafted fake.
[Via 9to5 Mac]
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV
- Spotify updates with new iPhone controls in time for summer BBQs
- iTunes U update will bring course creation and student discussion to iPad app