Video: iPhone 3G running Android 2.3
Much like running a Linux distro on a Mac, running Android on an iPhone is something I can appreciate conceptually, but I still can't imagine why anyone would actually want to do it. After all, it's not like you're starved for hardware choice if you really have to have Android running on your smartphone. Still, the effort involved in getting Android to run on the iPhone is intriguing, and watching the boot process in the video below just proves what many of us have been saying for years: these aren't just phones, they're handheld computers.
[via Redmond Pie]
The iPhone 3G now does something not even all Android phones can claim: it runs Android's current version, 2.3 "Gingerbread." iDroid...
Deals of the Daymore deals
Software Updatesmore updates
- Poser 10 and Poser Pro 2014 available, bringing new characters, physics and more
- Agile Partners releases Lick of the Day 2.0
- Google announces new Hangout app to hit iOS today
- Microsoft Office for Mac 2011 Update 14.3.4
- Pixelmator 2.2 available with over 100 new features and improvements
- DabKick for iPhone lets you share photos, watch videos and now listen to music in real-time