Apple lowers official US iPhone 3GS price to $49
Just four days after AT&T cut prices, Apple has dropped the official U.S. price of the iPhone 3GS to US$49. Apple made the adjustment -- a drop of $50 -- without fanfare.
It's widely expected that Verizon will announce its intention to carry Apple's iPhone tomorrow. In fact, it seems to be reveling in the anticipation among consumers a bit this morning, posting teasing tweets to Twitter. With that in mind, it makes sense that Apple would want to clear out some stock, and AT&T would want to lock in as many new 2-year contracts as possible before the big announcement.
We'll have full coverage of the news when it drops. In the meantime, if you're quite happy with AT&T and want a deal on a nice iPhone, here you go.
Update: US retailer Target has also followed suit.
Just four days after AT&T cut prices, Apple has dropped the official U.S. price of the iPhone 3GS to US$49. Apple made the adjustment...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- IFTTT adds a location channel to its iOS App
- Plants vs. Zombies 2 gets upgraded map, more 'cool' stuff
- Remote Desktop update brings OS X Mavericks support and improved multi-display support
- Valve revamps Steam Mobile for iOS
- Google Drive iOS app finally lets you sort items and find and replace in documents
- Viber announces Viber Out calls for iOS, goes head to head with Skype