Official PlayStation app for iPhone now available in select countries
Sony announced its official PlayStation app was coming to iOS last month, and now it has landed on the App Store. The PlayStation App hooks into Sony's PlayStation network by requiring you to log in using your network ID. The gaming-oriented application lets you follow your friends, find the games they own and read their status updates. You can also monitor the trophies that you have earned and keep track of current happenings via the PlayStation blog. While the PlayStation app lets you digest gaming-related information and browse your friends' info, it does not let you play actual games.
Version 1.0 of the app is free and can be downloaded from the App Store. The app will launch initially in select countries such as France, UK, Germany, Spain, Italy and the Netherlands, with expansion to other countries expected soon. It is compatible with the iPhone, iPad and iPod touch running iOS 4.0 or later.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Readdle rolls out PDF Expert 5: iCloud support, shared folder with Documents by Readdle
- FlightTrack 5: new look and features just in time for holiday travel
- HBO Go for iOS update adds Google Chromecast support
- Haiku Deck updates iPad app, launches web-based cloud version
- Weather Underground iPhone app gets crowdsourced weather, iOS 7 style
- Apple updates iMovie, adds support for older Macs