Caught on camera: Two thieves grab iPads and run
Everybody loves iPads, ... even thieves.
At about 2:46 PM CT yesterday afternoon, security cameras and employees at Chicago-based MacSpecialist watched as two warmly-dressed thieves first "tried out" iPads at a stand-up kiosk, then ran out the door with them.
According to MacSpecialist COO (and occasional TUAW TV Live guest) Tim Robertson, nobody was hurt during the robbery attempt or while chasing the crooks. Tim nearly collides with the door at about 6 seconds into the video (he's wearing the tan coat), but he avoided injury.
No suspects have been apprehended in the theft. TUAW recommends that MacSpecialist look into iPad lock cases from Maclocks.com to avoid future iPad loss.
Check out the video after the break.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV
- Spotify updates with new iPhone controls in time for summer BBQs
- iTunes U update will bring course creation and student discussion to iPad app