Caught on camera: Two thieves grab iPads and run
Everybody loves iPads, ... even thieves.
At about 2:46 PM CT yesterday afternoon, security cameras and employees at Chicago-based MacSpecialist watched as two warmly-dressed thieves first "tried out" iPads at a stand-up kiosk, then ran out the door with them.
According to MacSpecialist COO (and occasional TUAW TV Live guest) Tim Robertson, nobody was hurt during the robbery attempt or while chasing the crooks. Tim nearly collides with the door at about 6 seconds into the video (he's wearing the tan coat), but he avoided injury.
No suspects have been apprehended in the theft. TUAW recommends that MacSpecialist look into iPad lock cases from Maclocks.com to avoid future iPad loss.
Check out the video after the break.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Dropbox adds file/folder renaming and Office document editing to iOS app
- Vizzywig 8xHD price tag now a very affordable $49.99
- Automatic targets teen drivers with License+ service
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)