Caught on camera: Two thieves grab iPads and run
Everybody loves iPads, ... even thieves.
At about 2:46 PM CT yesterday afternoon, security cameras and employees at Chicago-based MacSpecialist watched as two warmly-dressed thieves first "tried out" iPads at a stand-up kiosk, then ran out the door with them.
According to MacSpecialist COO (and occasional TUAW TV Live guest) Tim Robertson, nobody was hurt during the robbery attempt or while chasing the crooks. Tim nearly collides with the door at about 6 seconds into the video (he's wearing the tan coat), but he avoided injury.
No suspects have been apprehended in the theft. TUAW recommends that MacSpecialist look into iPad lock cases from Maclocks.com to avoid future iPad loss.
Check out the video after the break.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Readdle rolls out PDF Expert 5: iCloud support, shared folder with Documents by Readdle
- FlightTrack 5: new look and features just in time for holiday travel
- HBO Go for iOS update adds Google Chromecast support
- Haiku Deck updates iPad app, launches web-based cloud version
- Weather Underground iPhone app gets crowdsourced weather, iOS 7 style
- Apple updates iMovie, adds support for older Macs