Old Sierra On-Line games now available on iPad via the Web
Get ready to lose your weekend. As we reported it would a while back, Sarien.net is now offering up a whole slew of old Sierra On-Line games, playable through your iPad's web browser for free. The first three King's Quest games, the first two Police Quest games, and even a Leisure Suit Larry title are all online and available. Sarien.net even allows for multiplayer within these old games, so you might see some other players in there while you're wandering around trying to solve puzzles. For those of us who grew up or cut our gaming teeth on these Sierra titles, this is kind of a goldmine.
Sarien, a.k.a. Martin Kool, hasn't received a cease-and-desist from Activision yet, but he has received some kudos from some of the original games' creators. Hopefully that will be enough to keep Activision's legal team at bay, at least until they get these games on the iPad officially.
Don't let that stop you from enjoying these games while they're up and available to play -- I just gave King's Quest another shot, and it's weird to go back and play a game where actual death is around every corner.
Get ready to lose your weekend. As we reported it would a while back, Sarien.net is now offering up a whole slew of old Sierra On-Line...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Readdle rolls out PDF Expert 5: iCloud support, shared folder with Documents by Readdle
- FlightTrack 5: new look and features just in time for holiday travel
- HBO Go for iOS update adds Google Chromecast support
- Haiku Deck updates iPad app, launches web-based cloud version
- Weather Underground iPhone app gets crowdsourced weather, iOS 7 style
- Apple updates iMovie, adds support for older Macs