The Beatles sell 5 million songs on iTunes
The Loop reports that The Beatles have sold 5 million songs and 1 million albums since going on sale in the iTunes Store last November. So far, the most popular Beatles song download is "Here Comes the Sun," while the band's top-selling album is "Abbey Road."
Last week we reported that The Beatles' surviving band members (and the estates of John and George) got a special royalty deal from Apple in order to get The Beatles on the iTunes Store. As part of that deal, The Beatles will reportedly earn between 18 to 22.5 cents per track sold on iTunes. With 5 million individual tracks sold so far, that equates to a cool $900,000 to $1.125 million profit for The Beatles for just seven weeks of sales. Not a bad gig if you can get it.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Vizzywig 8xHD price tag now a very affordable $49.99
- Automatic targets teen drivers with License+ service
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration