Aluminum iMac survives fire, water
Recent incidents of arson in the city of Petaling Jaya, Malaysia have resulted in many businesses losing nearly everything they had. One fire this past week left a certain business owner with little left to salvage, but there was one bright spot to be found poking out from the ashes. Or rather, there were two...
A pair of iMacs survived not only the intense heat of the blaze that night, but also the subsequent water that firefighters used to extinguish the flames. According to our friend Wei who sent us this story, the iMacs were of the mid-2007, 20" aluminum variety.
There's no longer that clean, finished exterior, of course, but the computers miraculously still work (see photo on the right) which is certainly a testament to how well they were made to begin with.
If this story sounds familiar to you, it should. It's not the first time we've featured an indestructible, fire-proof iMac here on TUAW. About one year ago, a Swedish man was also unfortunately hit by a house fire that destroyed his entire home and everything in it.
Everything except for his iMac that is, which was still functional after the ordeal.
Recent incidents of arson in the city of Petaling Jaya, Malaysia have resulted in many businesses losing nearly everything they had. One...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daily App: MyScript Calculator solves your hand-written math equations
- Findery app lets you discover the world around you using annotated notes and maps
- The Learnist app brings its crowd-sourced collection of information to your iPhone
- My cat Cinnamon reviews Friskies Cat Fishing 2
- Photo Grid Collage Maker is capable and free
- iExit gets new features and is now free