Apple approving third-party AirPlay apps
Appadvice.com notes that Apple has approved a third-party app that supports AirPlay. The app is called StreamToMe and requires iOS 4.3, which has not yet been released to the public, although beta versions have been released to developers.
This suggests that iOS 4.3 may be getting close to release for the general public, but more importantly, it signals that Apple is opening the door for other applications to use AirPlay.
If you're not familiar with AirPlay, Richard Gaywood wrote a brief intro to AirPlay back in September.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter
- Dropbox adds file/folder renaming and Office document editing to iOS app
- Vizzywig 8xHD price tag now a very affordable $49.99
- Automatic targets teen drivers with License+ service