Apple approving third-party AirPlay apps
Appadvice.com notes that Apple has approved a third-party app that supports AirPlay. The app is called StreamToMe and requires iOS 4.3, which has not yet been released to the public, although beta versions have been released to developers.
This suggests that iOS 4.3 may be getting close to release for the general public, but more importantly, it signals that Apple is opening the door for other applications to use AirPlay.
If you're not familiar with AirPlay, Richard Gaywood wrote a brief intro to AirPlay back in September.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV
- Spotify updates with new iPhone controls in time for summer BBQs