Free Photoshop Express 1.5 for iOS adds Retina Display support and more
Adobe has updated Photoshop Express for iOS 4.2 devices, and it now supports the Retina Display for better quality images. The app is faster and more responsive and adds background uploads and multitasking support.
The app provides a limited subset of Photoshop functions, like crop, straighten, rotate, saturation, contrast, sharpen and other basics, and it includes a way to add frames.
If you have a Photoshop.com account, you can access any of your stored pictures. People who updated today are complaining that the app took some features away if location services are not enabled -- something that wasn't true in the older version. Specifically, if location services are turned off, the app reports that "Photo metadata cannot be added or preserved, and browsing through photos in the library will be disabled."
Photoshop Express is free, but it now requires iOS 4.2 or greater. It runs on the iPad, iPod touch and iPhone.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Dropbox adds file/folder renaming and Office document editing to iOS app
- Vizzywig 8xHD price tag now a very affordable $49.99
- Automatic targets teen drivers with License+ service
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)