The Daily to launch by mid-February for 99-cents per week
The Daily, News Corp's foray into the world of digital newspaper publishing, might debut in the next few weeks. Executive James Murdoch, Chief Executive of News Corp. in Europe and Asia, verified this tentative launch date during the DLD conference in Munich, Germany. He also confirmed the iPad-based digital paper will be available for 99-cents per week as previously rumored.
Available initially in the US, The Daily is an attempt by News Corp. to expand into the online delivery of news and monetize this new form of journalism. News Corp. has reportedly hired 100 journalists to provide content for this iPad newspaper and is working closely with Apple on this project. The iPad newspaper is expected to require iOS 4.3, which will include support for subscription-based pricing. If The Daily will debut in the next few weeks, we can also expect iOS 4.3 to become available in the same time frame.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV
- Spotify updates with new iPhone controls in time for summer BBQs
- iTunes U update will bring course creation and student discussion to iPad app
- Dropbox for iOS update adds new setup and file management options