The Daily to launch by mid-February for 99-cents per week
The Daily, News Corp's foray into the world of digital newspaper publishing, might debut in the next few weeks. Executive James Murdoch, Chief Executive of News Corp. in Europe and Asia, verified this tentative launch date during the DLD conference in Munich, Germany. He also confirmed the iPad-based digital paper will be available for 99-cents per week as previously rumored.
Available initially in the US, The Daily is an attempt by News Corp. to expand into the online delivery of news and monetize this new form of journalism. News Corp. has reportedly hired 100 journalists to provide content for this iPad newspaper and is working closely with Apple on this project. The iPad newspaper is expected to require iOS 4.3, which will include support for subscription-based pricing. If The Daily will debut in the next few weeks, we can also expect iOS 4.3 to become available in the same time frame.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Readdle rolls out PDF Expert 5: iCloud support, shared folder with Documents by Readdle
- FlightTrack 5: new look and features just in time for holiday travel
- HBO Go for iOS update adds Google Chromecast support
- Haiku Deck updates iPad app, launches web-based cloud version
- Weather Underground iPhone app gets crowdsourced weather, iOS 7 style
- Apple updates iMovie, adds support for older Macs