Macworld Expo 2011: Hands-on with Splashtop Remote
iPhone, iPod touch and iPad owners who'd like to remotely control their Mac or Windows machine with full audio and video streaming now have another solution available in Splashtop Remote. The free Mac server software, required in order to connect from your iOS device, is now out of beta testing and is available at http://www.splashtop.com/remote.
We caught up with the folks at the Splashtop booth today and were able to see the app in action. If you are interested in the software but have not yet made your purchase, the video accompanying this post shows how the application works to stream audio and video from your Mac or Windows PC to your iOS device. Give it a look, and then consider downloading the free version (time-limited) of the iPad app to give it a try.
Deals of the Daymore deals
Software Updatesmore updates
- Agile Partners releases Lick of the Day 2.0
- Microsoft Office for Mac 2011 Update 14.3.4
- Pixelmator 2.2 available with over 100 new features and improvements
- DabKick for iPhone lets you share photos, watch videos and now listen to music in real-time
- Google Now added to search app on iPhone, iPad
- GateGuru for iPhone has been updated and greatly improved