Macworld Expo 2011: Hands-on with Splashtop Remote
iPhone, iPod touch and iPad owners who'd like to remotely control their Mac or Windows machine with full audio and video streaming now have another solution available in Splashtop Remote. The free Mac server software, required in order to connect from your iOS device, is now out of beta testing and is available at http://www.splashtop.com/remote.
We caught up with the folks at the Splashtop booth today and were able to see the app in action. If you are interested in the software but have not yet made your purchase, the video accompanying this post shows how the application works to stream audio and video from your Mac or Windows PC to your iOS device. Give it a look, and then consider downloading the free version (time-limited) of the iPad app to give it a try.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV
- Spotify updates with new iPhone controls in time for summer BBQs
- iTunes U update will bring course creation and student discussion to iPad app
- Dropbox for iOS update adds new setup and file management options