iPhone profits swamp competitors
Now that the flurry of earnings from the last months of 2010 have been announced by all the major mobile phone manufacturers, Horace Dediu of Asymco has summarized these figures in several stunning graphs. The market analysis company has compared the market shares, sales shares and profit shares of the top eight mobile phone manufacturers in the world. While Nokia and Samsung lead in market share and in sales share, Apple thoroughly trounced them all when it comes to profit shares.
This is not the first sign that Apple leads the pack when it comes to earnings and not volume of handsets sold. An earlier report suggests Apple's revenue from the iPhone and its accessories exceeds Nokia's revenue from its mobile devices and Ovi-branded services.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Remote Desktop update brings OS X Mavericks support and improved multi-display support
- Valve revamps Steam Mobile for iOS
- Google Drive iOS app finally lets you sort items and find and replace in documents
- Viber announces Viber Out calls for iOS, goes head to head with Skype
- Amazon Cloud Drive Photos gains video, iPad support
- Pandora Radio 5.1: Wake up to your favorite station