iPhone profits swamp competitors
Now that the flurry of earnings from the last months of 2010 have been announced by all the major mobile phone manufacturers, Horace Dediu of Asymco has summarized these figures in several stunning graphs. The market analysis company has compared the market shares, sales shares and profit shares of the top eight mobile phone manufacturers in the world. While Nokia and Samsung lead in market share and in sales share, Apple thoroughly trounced them all when it comes to profit shares.
This is not the first sign that Apple leads the pack when it comes to earnings and not volume of handsets sold. An earlier report suggests Apple's revenue from the iPhone and its accessories exceeds Nokia's revenue from its mobile devices and Ovi-branded services.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync